The Auto Locksmiths Association was formed in 1996 as a non profit-making organisation with the express purpose of increasing the professionalism and integrity of the Auto Locksmith Industry. Applications for membership must only be tendered by genuine, practising, Auto Locksmiths. Applicants must have been trading as such for a minimum of two years. Applicants must take a specific industry exam and provide references. Membership is personal. The ALA does not accept company membership. The ALA is mainly UK based but our members can also be found in Southern Ireland, Europe and America. The ALA welcomes applications from around the world. Meetings take place twice a year for members and invited guests to take part in training and to share information and techniques.
- Our members offer their services to both the general public and the motor trade.
- Open locked vehicles without damage.
- Make keys to existing locks.
- Supply and program transponder keys and remotes to vehicles at the roadside, place of work or garage premises.
- Supply duplicate keys to pattern or to key number using sophisticated machinery.
- Change lock combinations and build locks to code or key.
- Remove broken keys from ignitions and door locks without the need to replace the lock.
As a professional auto locksmith, we are an active member of the Auto Locksmith Association: